Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ola Mexicana !!!

This week has been the rekindling of my love with Mexican food.I started with an Avocado that was about to rot and turned in to somewhat of a Guacamole:

Avocado
Mexican Chilli Powder
Yoghurt

I had a can of refried mexican chilli beans and rehashed it:

1 can refried mexican chilli beans
Roasted onion+garlic tomato paste
Rice bran oil
Fresh Capsicum, green chilli
Frozen peas, corn
Fresh Coriander and Ginger as garnish

I had them with some Pita bread and it was niiiiiiiceeee !! The left overs of the bean rehash were stirred in with some Brown rice and potatoes to create some variant of Mexican rice. Microwaved with some low fat cheese and with Guacamole on the side, that was pretty good too !!!

Barring the ridiculously high amount of sodium in the refried beans, I would say it is bordering on healthy with good amounts of fibre and the goodness of whole grains and fresh vegetables/spices.

No comments: